Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Countdown: Ramadhan (I)

[11 DAYS TO GO]

"Fasting is not merely abstaining from eating and drinking. Rather, it is also abstaining from ignorant and indicent speech. So if anyone abuses or behaves ignorantly with you, then say: I'm fasting, I'm fasting"
[The Messenger of Allaah sallallahu alayhe wa sallam. Sahih: Related by Ibn Khuzaymah (no.1996) and aI-Hakim (1/430) who authenticated it. Refer to Sahihut-Targhib (no.1075)]

Fasting provides benefits for the soul, the society and health, and they are as follows:

From the spiritual benefits of fasting is that it accustoms one to patience and strengthens one’s patience. It teaches self-restraint and helps one to practice it. It places the gift of piety in the soul and cultivates it, and particularly the piety which is the outstanding reason for fasting that is mentioned in Allāh the Almighty’s statement:



On the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said: "Part of the perfection of someone's Islam is his leaving alone that which does not concern him."
[Hadith hasan - Recorded by Tirmidhi]

No comments:

Post a Comment